We the people ask the federal government to Call on Parliament to act on an issue:
Letter 1 - To the Senate:
To the Honourable President and Members of the Senate in Parliament Assembled:
This petition of the undersigned shows that the Senate take action to restore democracy during the emergency declaration period for COVID-19 and call on the government to:
- Resume parliament to table this petition and scrutinise the proportionality of the Government’s actions including massive spending;
- Remove COVID-19 extreme restrictions as the Biosecurity Act 2015 only permits such powers to be exercised if they “would be effective” and are “no more restrictive or intrusive than is required.” We argue that the data does not prove that COVID-19 justifies the restrictions because:
a) Inconsistent COVID-19 case definition worldwide.
b) ABS is recommending that COVID-19 is reported as the primary cause of death, despite any existing co-morbidities. 
c) The Therapeutic Goods Administration has stated that “reliability of COVID-19 tests is uncertain due to the limited evidence base”. 
d) Computer modelling predicting “doomsday” scenarios in previous pandemics has been proven wrong. 
- Conduct expert modelling of the consequences of restrictions, such as economic collapse, unemployment, homelessness, domestic violence, mental health issues, suicides and civil unrest;
- Review results in countries that do not have extreme restrictions: e.g. Taiwan, Sweden;
- Revoke the AHPPC’s prescriptive ‘recommendation’ for influenza vaccination being required for entering aged care facilities, as the current emergency declaration does not give authority to implement measures unrelated to COVID-19;
- Refrain from linking any vaccines to restrictions on the public, including any future COVID-19 vaccine.
Letter to the Senate, signed by:
NOTE: All signatures will remain confidential and will not be made public.
20,613 have signed (as at 8:46am 02/06/2020)
Letter 2 - To the House of Representatives
Please sign letter 1 by 5th June 2020 so that a Senator may present to Parliament in next seating in June. We thank you for your support.
Informed Medical Options Party (IMOP)